Position: Accounting Clerk
The primary function of the position is to provide entry level accounting support to the Accounting Department within Capital Auto Group.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assigning stock numbers and creating files for all new and used units.
- Recording and posting all credit card payments and daily summaries.
- Ensure manufacturer’s invoices are posted/allocated.
- Printing and reconciling all motor vehicle registration transactions
- Update data files on customer vehicles.
- Ensures that all accounting documents conform to company and legal standards with regard to required authorizations, accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation.
- Performs various administrative and clerical tasks as per the needs of the unit as well as special projects as assigned.
- Notifies manager of any irregularity or discrepancies discovered.
- Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the company computer programs.
- Frequent use of office equipment such as photocopier, computer/keyboard, telephone, and fax.
- Other duties as assigned and as may be amended from time to time to meet company objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Must have a commitment to customer satisfaction, the desire to exceed expectations and knows-how to succeed in a highly ethical manner.
- Works well in team environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Qualifications & Experience
- 1+ years’ experience in an office environment.
- Competency in using the Microsoft Office package, experience in CDK would be an asset.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with a graduate diploma in Administration preferred.
- Record of Conduct required.
- Base salary $33,000
- Insurance & Pension Benefits.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION CAN BE SUBMITTED TO CAREERS@CAPITALAUTOGROUP.CA